We generously support the organizations in Central Virginia who work tirelessly to better and save our community’s animals in need.
Here are a few ways we help:
- Every week we groom three special pets from the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. We also provide grooming for foster dogs from Green Dogs Unleashed and dogs from the HOWS Project.
- We offer a special grooming discount for certified therapy pets within 24 hours of their therapy visits.
- We proudly provide complimentary boarding for our rescue partners Caring for Creatures, Green Dogs Unleashed, and the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA as needed to help save lives.
- We have hosted pet food drives for the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA and Fluvanna SPCA.
- We sponsor fundraisers that support our four-legged friends, like the CASPCA’s annual Bow-WOW-Walk.
- We offer a free dog bite prevention workshop to area schools.
Learn More About Our Good Work
We’re really excited to launch our new Therapy Dog Class in February! Taking and passing this class is the first step for your pet to become a certified Therapy Dog. Many folks have asked what being Therapy Dog means. It's important to know the differences between a Service Dog, an Emotional Support Dog and a [...]
We're thrilled to announce the introduction of our new PET (Pet Education Time) Talks: Wag-Worthy Workshops. These short, fun, informative workshops are always FREE and are part of our continuing mission to promote Positive Training methods in the community. Check out our 2016 & 2017 line-up below. Pizza & A Movie When: Saturday October 1, [...]
On Saturday March 19th, Pampered Pets hosted their first Happy Tails? Dog Safety and Education Day. With a line-up fabulous guest speakers and community support, the event was a huge success. Community members came out to learn about a variety of topics from pet first aid to dog safety and bite prevention to meeting working [...]
Love your pets and want to make sure you are prepared to care for them in the face of a disaster or other emergency? Want to learn emergency pet first aid basics? Have kids and want to make sure they understand dog behavior? Do your kids love dogs and want to learn more about them? Join us [...]
Did you know that 50% of children are bitten by a dog by the time they’re 12 years old, and 77% of those bites come from their family or friend’s dog?! We feel that it’s imperative for both the well-being of children and dogs in our community that pet behavior education is a top priority. It is our [...]
Join us for Dogtober Fest at the ACAC Waterpark! Sunday, October 4th from 2 to 4PM All proceeds will support the lifesaving work of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. We wouldn't miss this fun end-of-summer pooch pool party! Get your tickets before it is too late! Take a swim: Bring your dog for an end-of-season swim! Take home a memory: Create [...]