Boarding Your Dog
Customize Your Dog’s Stay
Your dog has unique needs, energy levels, and preferences. We understand. It is easy to reserve and customize your dog’s stay with us.
Dog Lodging Activities and Treats
- Business Breaks Package: For those dogs that are not interested in playing, but would like a twice-daily opportunity to do their business outside and enjoy tasty treats. This package includes an approximately 5-minute AM and PM strut around the yard, a locally made Paw Treat and an Ice Cream Treat from the Charlottesville Dog Barkery. $7.95 per day (save 10%)
- Play Session Package: For dogs that like to play fetch, others that like to romp and run and/or just get outside to roll around and have a good old belly rub, we offer TWO one-on-one play sessions and tasty treats. This package includes two 10-minute play sessions,a locally made Paw Treat and an Ice Cream Treat from the Charlottesville Dog Barkery. $12.45 per day (save 10%)
- VIP Package: For the all-around pampered pooch, this package offers tons of fun! This package includes one 10-minute play session, business breaks in the AM & PM, a locally made Paw Treat and an Ice Cream Treat from the Charlottesville Dog Barkery, and an evening story time. $15.95 per day (save 10%)
- Business Breaks: For those dogs that are not interested in playing, but would like a twice-daily opportunity to do their business outside, we offer business breaks. An approximately 5-minute morning AND afternoon strut around the yard. $4.95 per day
- Doggie Lacrosse: For those active dogs that absolutely love a game of fetch, this is a chance for them to stretch their legs in our large play yard (offered on weekend days only). $5.95 per session
- Dip in the Dog Bone Pool: For the dog that enjoys a little splash, this play session takes place in our pool yard (offered on weekend days only Memorial Day through Labor Day). $5.95 per session
- Doggie Puzzle Challenge: Mental stimulation is as important for your pet as physical activity. Our individual doggie puzzle challenge sessions will give your dog some mental stimulation and a little treat. $5.95 per session
- Play Sessions For dogs that like to play fetch, others that like to romp and run and/or just get outside to roll around and have a good old belly rub, we offer one-on-one play sessions. Sessions are approximately 10 minutes long and take place in our outdoor yards (up to three per day). $4.95 per session
- Story Time: We offer one-on-one bedtime stories read to your pet in their very own private accommodation. Storytime lasts approximately five minutes. It’s a great way to wind them down from all the excitement of the day, getting them relaxed and ready for bed. $3.95 per session
- Doggie Day Camp: We offer a full day of off-leash play in our Day Camp Monday – Friday for lodgers. For dogs that have never been to camp, there is an application and evaluation process prior to being accepted to camp. $30 per day
- Charlottesville Dog Barkery Ice Cream: As an extra treat while he or she is away from home, your dog can enjoy an afternoon frozen delight. It’s cool, fun and yummy! $3 plus tax per snack time
- Charlottesville Dog Barkery Paw Treat: In the evenings, your dog can enjoy a locally-made Paw Treat from our friends at the Charlottesville Dog Barkery. $1.95 plus tax per snack time
It is recommended you limit the amount of food you provide your pet on the day of admission due to the natural excitement your pet may experience upon arrival at Pampered Pets. Likewise, food should be limited for the first hour or two after your pet arrives home. This will allow your pet ample time to settle down before feeding.
Activity and grooming requests should be made at the time your pet’s reservation is made. Vaccination records for Rabies, Bordetella, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo and Para-Influenza (the last four are in the DHPP combination vaccine) should be faxed over to us at 434-293-2501 or emailed to [email protected] before arrival. Emergency telephone numbers should be provided in case we need to contact you. Any special diets or medications should be clearly communicated to our Guest Services Specialist during check-in. A scheduled pick-up time should also be discussed upon drop off. We recommend that you allow 15 minutes for the check-in process.
As of September 2016, a deposit is required to book a reservation for these dates:
- Memorial Day through Labor Day – a non-refundable $25 deposit per pet
- Holidays and holiday weekends (Christmas through New Year’s, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and the 4th of July) – a non-refundable $50 deposit per pet
If a reservation is cancelled at least one week in advance, the deposit may be transferred to a future reservation or Pampered Pets service. If cancelled less than 7 days in advance, the deposit is forfeited.
If your reservation requires a deposit (see dates in FAQ above) and is cancelled at least one week in advance, the deposit may be transferred to a future reservation or Pampered Pets service. If cancelled less than 7 days in advance, the deposit is forfeited.
The health and safety of each of our canine guests is very important to us. All canines must have current vaccinations for the following: Rabies, Bordetella (Canine Cough Vaccination), Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo and Para-Influenza (the last four are usually administered in the DHPP combination vaccine).
Documentation from a veterinarian is required for each of our guests before admittance can be allowed. If your pet requires an updated vaccination, please make arrangements for the vaccination to be administered no less than 7 days before any lodging time is scheduled. Puppies must have the full series of vaccinations including the Rabies vaccine no less than 7 days prior to their scheduled stay. Titers will be accepted with proper documentation.
Canine influenza is an airborne virus similar to the symptoms of other canine respiratory diseases including coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge and run a fever.
At Pampered Pets, our mission is to create a safe, clean and fun environment. Pampered Pets does not accept guests at check in who exhibit signs of respiratory disease. All suites, floors, bowls and other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between uses. As a part of our cleaning procedures, we use products that contain a quaternary ammonium compound, which is used to eliminate and prevent the canine influenza virus.
Currently, Pampered Pets does not require that our dog guests receive the new canine influenza vaccination in order to stay with us. However, we strongly encourage our customers to talk to their family veterinarians about canine influenza and whether the canine influenza vaccine is appropriate for their dog.
Dogs on the Blog
Here is a worthwhile New Year’s resolution for both you and your dog – pledge to increase your pooch’s exercise, both physical AND mental. Mental exercise is just as important and tires out your canine. [...]